Sunday, July 3, 2016

Remembering Terminator 2--25 years later



25 years ago today, Terminator 2 was released--I still have great memories of going to see the movie with my family on opening day, where we caught an afternoon matinee at the Del Mar Theater in Santa Cruz. I remember feeling the anticipation of the crowd as the lights went down and then the haunting opening sequence leaving everybody in quiet awe.

Then, as the title was revealed and the theme music started playing, Arnold Schwarzenegger’s name appeared on the screen and somebody in the front of the theatre suddenly yelled out, “Arnie! Our Leader!” and the entire audience busted up laughing. I remembered that moment many years later on the night he was elected Governor of California, wondering if it was somehow a strangely prophetic event, haha!

Needless to say, it remains, in my opinion one of the greatest Sci-Fi films ever made, and one of my favorite movies of all time.

So, here we are 25 years later to the day, and what am I doing? Watching T2 with my family of course, quoting along with all the classic lines, laughing and cheering!!! Hasta la Vista, baby!!! 

No comments: